Our server has detected that may be visiting this page from outside the United States
Please call us direct at 1-800-732-4065 to inquire on placing an order to your country, or see our growing list of International Resellers, as our website currently does not process international addresses.
Have a question that wasn't answered here? Click here to submit your own and we'll be sure to reply promptly and post the answer here as well! Otherwise you can always call us direct at 1-800-732-4065 to speak with one of our experienced technicians.
Bag systems fill quickly, clog quickly, and are extremely dusty. The more you sand the worse your air flow. After about 10 minutes of sanding, there is usually a drop in suction due to restricted air flow, which means leaving behind more material on the floor and in the air.
Additionally, more dust on the floor means more work for your sander, meaning your abrasives wear away quicker.
Oneida uses a patented technology that the other systems don't have. It's not possible to move enough volume of air to clean a drum or belt sander through standard size vacuum hose; The dust escapes into the air and onto the floor. The Oneida system avoids this pitfall altogether by separating the dust from the air with an on-board, high-efficiency cyclone. The bulk of the air (75 %) is released through a serviceable HEPA filter while the remaining dirty air (25%) goes to an off-site dust container.
Oneida uses cyclonic technology to separate airborne dust before it reaches the filter, both at the sander and at the vacuum itself. These cyclones keep dust from plugging up the replaceable cartridge filters, resulting in clog free operation for several hours.
We maintain a list of floor sanding contractors who have purchased and used our Dust Cobra and/or Vortex Sander Cyclone.
Please note that some items on the listing may be out of date — call us directly at 1-800-732-4065 for more current recommendations.
Not at all! There are only three main components for the Vortex DCS:
The Vortex can be used with any floor sander equipped with a 2.5" O.D., vertical-facing, dust exhaust pipe. For sanders without this feature, we manufacture industrial retrofit handles that easily install onto popular floor sanders made by: Bona, Clarke, Galaxy, Kunzle & Tasin, Lagler, Pallmann, and U-Sand.
Handles are included with the full-price system and are specified at the time of ordering. Please check our 2016 Sander Handle Compatibility Sheet or call us direct at 1-800-732-4065 for more information.
Not at all! The cyclone is small, light-weight and can be swiveled and locked into any position. Contractors report that they can get into tight places they couldn't normally access with a dust bag system.
No, debris generated by refining tools are no problem to the powerful suction performance of the Dust Cobra. Floor Sanders generate a lot of dust which requires the Vortex®. (You can even run your sander and refining tools at the same time; see below – link to questions)
Right into a convenient, disposable bag! The Dust Cobra includes five heavy-duty 3-Mil bags ready for any sanding project. Additional 35 gallon bags can be purchased here or from local hardware stores.
You can use two tools (e.g. a big sander with an edger or buffer) simultaneously with the 110V Dust Cobra vacuum.
Up to 100' of 2" diameter can be used.
The sander mounted cyclone is only 7.7 lbs. The industrial vacuum is the heaviest component, weighing in at 82 lbs.
The Cobra has a patented Rapid-Pulse Filter Cleaner™ that reverses the vacuum's airflow, blowing dust off of the filter and into the waste container, all without ever taking apart the vacuum!
In addition to pulsing the Cobra's filter every 30 minutes or so, both the cobra and the vortex’s filter should be blown thoroughly with compressed air at the end of each job. Please see your filter’s recommendation on cleaning specifications.
It's difficult to predict the lifespan of a HEPA Filter as it is entirely dependent on the application and the maintenance.
If cleaning the filter fails to improve its performance, you can purchase replacement HEPA Media Cartridge Filters from Oneida Air at a low price. For your convenience, the Dust Cobra uses cost-effective GORE CleanStream® Pro HEPA Filter that can be purchased direct from Oneida or from nearly anywhere vacuums and filters are sold.
Yes. We have done extensive testing with floor sanding professionals, and have comparisons of air quality between using our system, and using the traditional dust bag. You can see more illustrative data in the PDF files listed below.
We run new specials almost every week on a variety of dust collection systems and components. Subscribers get instant updates on the latest deals and promotions and can save anywhere from $25.00 to $300.00!