Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Oneida Vortex DCS Portable 17 Gal. HEPA Floor Sanding Dust Containment System w/ Sander Retrofit Handle
Tests 15x cleaner than traditional cloth bag systems, leaving floors clean and saving you valuable time and money! Eliminates the need for plastic sheeting, messy dust bags, and larger trailer vacuum systems. Patented Vortex sander cyclone improves suction at the sander, allowing for up to 100 feet of 2" dia. hose. Includes 120V full-unit HEPA Dust Cobra® vacuum and DCS retrofit handle compatible with popular floor sanders by Bona, Clarke, Hummel, K&T, Pallmann, and more.
The World's Cleanest Floor Sanding Dust Containment System
The patented Oneida Vortex® DCS is the pinnacle of portable dust containment technology. It easily installs onto nearly any make/model floor sander, converting it into a truly dust-free machine that tests 15x cleaner than traditional cloth bag systems. The unique design of the Vortex eliminates the need for plastic sheeting and vacuuming after sanding is done, saving you valuable time and money and leaving your customers more satisfied than ever!
By equipping yourself with the Vortex DCS, you'll secure the fast growing customer demand for floor sanders, and you can even charge a premium for your services. If you're not dust-free, your competition certainly will be!
Learn Why You Need Dust Containment
Benefits & Features:
- 15x cleaner than traditional cloth bag systems.
- Patented Vortex sander cyclone relieves air pressure, allowing for up to 100ft of vacuum hose (50ft included).
- Dual cyclonic system virtually eliminates filter clogging and suction loss.
- Retrofits to nearly any make/model floor sander including Bona, Clarke, Galaxy, Lagler, Pallmann, etc.
- Full-unit HEPA vacuum operates on convenient 120V power.
- Can support dust collection from two floor refinishing tools at once*.
- Internal vacuum pulse filter cleaner removes dust clogs in seconds.
- 17-gallon dust bin equipped with sealable liner bag and automatic fill level indicator.
- Compact, portable, and lightweight design removes the need for large, expensive trailers.
- Owners receive FREE listing in our dust-free contractor directory.
* If connected to two floor sanders simultaneously, each sander must be equipped with a Vortex sander cyclone. Additional hose and hose splitter sold separately.
Comparison of Airborne Dust Levels Generated by Floor Sanding Dust Containment Systems
Compatible With Most Popular Floor Sanders
Unlike competitive dust containment systems, the Vortex DCS doesn't require messy, cloth bags or large, expensive trailers. Dust is captured at the source and safely contained up to 100' away using an industrial 17-gallon vacuum. The vacuum is accompanied by our patented retrofit cyclone that mounts conveniently to the floor sander.
- Compact and lightweight design simplifies storage and transport.
- Attaches quickly and easily onto the sander's dust exhaust pipe / DCS retrofit handle.
- Cyclone rotates 270 degrees to always provide the best possible floor view.
- Relieves 75% of air pressure from the sander's blower, improving total suction performance.
- Releases breathable air through a serviceable / replaceable HEPA-grade media filter.
Use Multiple Floor Tools Simultaneously
The Vortex's sander cyclone allows for two tools to be connected simultaneously (additional hose and splitter required). These configurations are perfect for contractors who want to have the edger in operation right after the sander has finished, or for workers looking to double their sanding/buffing capacity.
If used with multiple floor sanders, each sander must have a cyclone installed on it in order to relieve air pressure from the sander's built in blower motor. The cyclone can be purchased as a standalone product (see item #VSKCSZ000B) along with additional retrofit handles.
Integrated Pulse Filter Cleaner
There are few tasks worse than dealing with a clogged vacuum filter; cleaning them can be messy, time consuming, and it's often the only way to restore suction. Now you can clean your filter without disassembling or turning off the vacuum!
With our patented Rapid Pulse Filter Cleaner™, you never have to worry about downtime or dust clouds while cleaning your filter! A few quick taps on the pulse bar temporarily reverses the vacuum's airflow, blowing dust off of the filter and safely into the drum below.
Many dust collectors use a mechanical paddle arrangement that strikes the filter pleats. This quickly creates wear points on the filter, resulting in reduced filtration and compromised efficiency. The Dust Cobra's unique pulse technology protects the filter's microfibers, keeping the filter at maximum efficiency for longer and reducing the need for replacements!
- Removes clogs from the filter in seconds.
- Works while the vacuum is in operation.
- Minimizes worker's exposure to harmful wood dust.
- Manual operation puts you in control of your system.
Full-Unit Certified HEPA Dust Extractor
In the home renovation and professional contracting industry, there's no substitute for full-unit HEPA certification. That's why the Vortex's vacuum includes a printed certificate to document that the unit has been independently tested and certified to strict EPA guidelines, protecting you from expensive fines! With this certification you can work comfortably with the knowledge that your vacuum system is fully sealed to eliminate leakage, protecting the work environment and those within it.
- HEPA-grade media filter with an E12 minimum efficiency rating.
- Meets and exceeds all EPA RRP requirements for contractors - including lead!
- Requires zero pre-loading and works at peak efficiency right out of the box.
- The filters' wide-spaced pleating and non-stick coating facilitates quick and easy maintenance.
Automatic Dust Bin Level Sensor
Oneida Air Systems' patented Dust Sentry™ takes the guesswork out of using your vacuum! This adjustable optical sensor detects when the drum has been filled to a pre-set level and flashes a high visibility strobe light to alert you when it's time to empty.
Capable of detecting nearly any type of wet/dry material, the Dust Sentry will significantly streamline your workflow and put you back in control of how long you can keep working.
17-Gallon Steel Drum with Automatic Bag Holder
The Vortex vacuum features a 17-gallon capacity waste container. It's intended for contractors and other professionals who need the freedom to work without worrying about constantly emptying their vacuum.
Waste disposal is made fast and simple thanks to the vacuum's automatic bag holder system that uses vacuum pressure to keep plastic bags open inside the drum. When you know the drum is full (thanks to the built-in bin level sensor), simply remove the lid, tie off the bag, and lift it out!
Supports Up To 100 Feet of 2" Diameter Hose
The Vortex vacuum can be positioned up to 100ft away from the floor sander, outside or in the garage, safely containing the dust and freeing up floorspace! 50ft of crush-resistant, static bonded hose is included with the system and can be coiled in the drum for storage and transport.
Additional hose lengths and splitters are also available for contractors with multiple flooring tools running simultaneously.
|Recommended Breaker Size||15A|
|Power Connector||NEMA 5-15|
|Power Cord Length||20 feet|
|Real CFM Rating||245 Actual CFM at 23" S.P.|
|Maximum Suction||70" WC|
|Noise Level||73 dBA @ 10 ft|
|Cyclonic Separation Efficiency||Removes over 99% of fine wood dusts|
|Filter Type||CleanStream HEPA|
|Filtration Efficiency||99.97% @ 0.3 microns|
|MERV Rating||MERV 16 ±|
|Waste Capacity||17 Gallons|
|Remote Control||Sold Separately|
|Remote Control Part #||Item #ARS115200|
|Primary Build Materials||Static Dissipative Polyethylene|
|Static Resistance Rating||Static Dissipative|
|Inlet Size||2-1/4" ID|
|Height to Center of Inlet||42.125"|
|Contents||Industrial Cyclonic HEPA Vacuum, Internal Pulse Filter Cleaner, Sander Cyclone Separator, Bin Level Indicator, Retrofit Sander Handle, Drum, Drum Dolly, 5x Liner Bags, Automatic Bag Holder System, Hose, 2x Hose Clamps, Hardware|
|Manufacturer||Oneida Air Systems|
|Manufacturer Statement||Assembled in the USA from U.S. and North American Components|
|Warranty Information||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Certifications||Complete Assembly cETLus Certified for Indoor Use|
|Proposition 65||WARNING: This product may expose you to chemicals, including Carbon Black (airborne, unbound particles of respirable size), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or reproductive harm.|