Heavy-Duty Dust Deputy 2" Cyclone 5 Gal. Kit
Prevents Fine Dusts from Clogging Your Vacuum's Filter!
The only thing more aggravating and time consuming than removing fine dusts like concrete, is unclogging the filter you cleaned it with. The dust gets everywhere and sticks to everything (including your lungs!). The Heavy Duty Dust Deputy® cyclone protects your vacuum filter from even the toughest dusts, including: concrete, silica, metal debris, soda blasting, hot ash/soot, and more!
With the Dust Deputy connected to your dust extractor, you'll save countless time and money on replacement parts and downtime for maintenance as you virtually eliminate filter clogging and suction loss! Our patented cyclone also helps contractors and construction crews become compliant to the new OSHA Silica Dust Safety Standard, especially when used with tools such as handheld grinders that specifically requires a cyclone separator.
Included Benefits & Features
- Steel Cyclone Pre-Separator – Constructed from fully seam welded, heavy gauge steel; finished with a rust preventative powdercoat.
- High Efficiency – Cyclonic force removes over 90% of fine dusts and bulk debris from the airstream, containing it before it ever reaches the vacuum filter! Efficiency rating is over 99% when used with larger materials such as wood dust, gravel, etc.
- Universal Design – The Dust Deputy's patented design retrofits to nearly any make/model vacuum, including: Bosch, Dewalt, Ermator, Festool, Pullmann, Pulse-Bac, Ruwac, and more!
- Quick Change Dust Bin – Includes two industrial, 5 gallon buckets lined with a gasket so the metal lid seals airtight when in operation; easily lifting off when the bin is full, no unsnapping or unscrewing needed!
- Vacuum Hose & Accessories – Everything you need to connect the cyclone to your dust extractor's 2.5" inlet, including: 3' static conductive, crush resistant hose, 2" to 2.5" hose adapter, 2.5" hose couplers, adjustable hose clamps, and elbows.
Larger cyclone sizes (3", 4", etc.) are available for higher CFM applications. If you can't find what you're looking for, be sure to contact us to discuss your needs with a qualified dust collection technician.
|Airflow Rating||Minimum 50 CFM|
|Waste Capacity||5 Gallon|
|Inlet Size||2" O.D.|
|Outlet Size||2" O.D.|
|Height to Center of Inlet||24.125"|
|Primary Build Materials||Cold Rolled Steel|
|Static Resistance Rating||Conductive (Metal)|
|Thickness||Cyclone: 20 Gauge|
|Contents||Steel Cyclone Separator, 2x Buckets, Quick-Change Bucket Lid, Vacuum Hose, Hose Adapter, 2x Hose Connector, 2x Hose Clamps, 2x Hose Elbows, Rubber Gasket, Foam Gasket, Hardware|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Warranty Information||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Applicable Patents||Patent #7,282,074 B1 and #7,282,074 C1|
Yes, absolutely. This cyclone is built with heavy-gauge, powder coated steel for industrial applications collecting highly abrasive or smoldering materials e.g. hot ash/soot, blasting powders, concrete, grinding dust, etc. Please note that you should also ensure that your vacuum/dust collector is rated to accept these same types of materials i.e. do not collect hot/smoldering materials if your vacuum isn't normally capable of collecting this type of waste.
Yes! Both our molded resin and cold-rolled steel Dust Deputy® Cyclones use the same patented design to pre-separate over 99% of dust and debris, protecting your vacuum and filter from clogs and suction loss. The only difference between the cyclones is their durability.
No. The Steel Dust Deputy has straight 2" inlet and outlet ports. A 2.25" Hose Adapter and Hose Coupler are included with the steel Deluxe and DIY kits to simplify hose connections for customers.
In short, no. The steel cyclone has a powder-coat finish, ensuring that it's durable and rust resistant, but if you expect to have your cyclone exposed to water on a regular basis (e.g. exposed to harsh weather, submerged in water, etc.) we recommend you find additional covering to prevent corrosion over time.
The Dust Deputy can be used with any make, model, or size wet/dry vacuum. We recommend that it has an airflow rating of at least 50 CFM to ensure optimum dust separation performance.
The Industrial Steel Dust Deputy is built for the toughest applications. If you're going to be sucking up large amounts of highly abrasive materials such as metals and gravel, the heavy-gauge cold-rolled steel cyclone will perform better and longer than our injection molded models.It's also ideal if you're expecting to suck up high-temperature materials such as hot coals and ash.