220V Oneida Vortex DCS - Floor Sanding Dust Containment System
As low as $2,795.00
The World's Cleanest, Most Affordable Floor Sanding Dust Containment System
Tests 100x Cleaner Than Traditional Cloth Bag Systems!
The patented Oneida Vortex® DCS is the pinnacle of portable dust containment technology. It easily installs onto nearly any make/model floor sander, converting it into a truly "Dust-Free" machine! The unique design of the Vortex eliminates the need for plastic sheeting and vacuuming after the sanding is done, saving you valuable time and money!
By becoming a Dust-Free Contractor, you'll secure the fast growing customer demand for floor sanders, and you can even charge a premium for your services! If you're not dust-free, your competition certainly will be!
Included Benefits & Features:
- Certified Full-Unit HEPA vacuum that meets all EPA RRP guidelines - even lead!
- Cyclone pre-separtor virtually eliminates filter clogging and suction loss
- Compact, portable, and lightweight design removes the need for large, expensive trailers
- Retrofits to nearly any make/model floor sander* including products by Bona, Clarke, Galaxy, Kunzle & Tasin, Lagler, Pallmann, and U-Sand
- Vacuum operates on standard 110V power
- 50 feet of crush resistant, static bonded, 2" dia. hose
- Internal Rapid-Pulse™ vacuum filter cleaner removes clogs in seconds
- Reinforced 35 Gal. dust container with 5x non-marking casters (2x locking)
- Liner bag retainer system
- Dust Sentry™ Bin Fill Level Indicator
Refer to Product Documents for detailed product compatibility information.
Full-Unit HEPA Certification
In the home renovation and professional contracting industry, there's no substitute for Full-Unit HEPA Certification. That's why we each Vortex DCS includes a printed certificate that verifies that the unit has been independently tested and certified to strict EPA guidelines.
- Vacuum is fully sealed to eliminate air leakage, protecting those in the work environment
- Protects your business from expensive regulatory fines
- Essential when renovating older homes with lead paint and other hazardous debris.
Compatible With Most Popular Floor Sanders
Unlike competitive dust containment systems, the Vortex DCS doesn't require messy, cloth bags or large, expensive trailers. Dust is captured at the source and safely contained up to 100' away using an industrial 35 gallon vacuum. The vacuum is accompanied by our patented retrofit cyclone that mounts conveniently to the floor sander. The Vortex's compact build and high portability make it the obvious choice for flooring professionals.
- Can remain on the unit or quickly detached for transport and storage.
- fits securely onto the dust exhaust pipe / DCS retrofit handle
- Easily rotates to give you the best view of the floor ahead.
- Relieves 75% of air from the sander's blower, improving total suction performance.
- Releases breathable air through a serviceable / replaceable HEPA filter.
- Redesigned with you in mind. The 2016 Vortex is more portable than ever! Now molded from a high-durability, carbon-filled polyethylene resin, the new cyclone is both lighter and more compact but with the same performance and reliability you've come to expect from Oneida Air Systems.
There our few tasks worse than dealing with a clogged vacuum filter; cleaning them can be messy and time consuming, and it's often the only way to restore suction. Now you can clean your filter without disassembling or turning off the vacuum!
- Removes clogs from the filter in seconds
- Works while the system is in operation
- Minimizes worker's exposure to harmful wood dust
With the Dust Cobra's patented Rapid Pulse Filter Cleaner", you never have to worry about downtime or dust clouds while cleaning your filter! A few quick taps on the Pulse Bar temporarily reverses the vacuum's airflow, blowing dust off of the filter and safely into the drum below.
35 Gallon Fireproof Container with Bin Level Indicator
The Oneida Vortex DCS features one of the largest waste containers of any portable floor sanding dust containment system on the market today and is packed with innovative features to reduce downtime.
- Bin Level Indicator Visually alerts you the instant the drum is full.
- Liner Bag Retainer No more cleaning out messy cloth bags, or carrying heavy containers. Just tie off the
- Bag Retainer Systems Uses vacuum pressure to hold bags open inside the drum.
- Convenient Liner BagsNo more cleaning out messy dust bags, or carrying heavy containers. The integral bag retainer system lets you use disposable liner bags in your drum. Just tie it off and lift it out and you're ready for the next load!
- Industrial ConstructionThis drum is built to last a lifetime, perfect for workers on the go.
- Bonus Storage Truck space is a valuable commodity; use the drum to coil and store your hose and other gear.
|Motor Type||Ametek Motor|
|Recommended Breaker Size||15A|
|Power Connector||NEMA 5-20|
|Power Cord Length||20 feet|
|Real CFM Rating||245 Actual CFM at 23" S.P.|
|Maximum Suction||70" WC|
|Noise Level||73 dBA @ 10 ft|
|Filter Media Type||CleanStream HEPA|
|Filtration Efficiency||99.97% @ 0.3 microns|
|MERV Rating||MERV 16 ±|
|Waste Capacity||35 Gallon|
|Remote Control||Sold Separately|
|Remote Control Part #||Item #ARS240200|
|Primary Build Materials||SD Polyethylene|
|Static Resistance Rating||Static Dissipative|
|Inlet Size||2-1/4" ID|
|Height to Center of Inlet||40.25"|
|Contents||Industrial Cyclonic HEPA Vacuum, Internal Pulse Filter Cleaner, Sander Cyclone Separator, Bin Level Indicator Retrofit Sander Handle, Drum, Drum Dolly, 5x Liner Bags, Bag Holder System, Hose, 2x Hose Clamps, Hardware|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Warranty Information||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Certifications||Complete system is cETLus certified for indoor use|
|Applicable Patents||U.S. Patents: #8514090, #8377160, #8393050, #9125535, #6833016, #7399218
E.U. Patents: #1462179
Bag systems fill quickly, clog quickly, and are extremely dusty. The more you sand the worse your air flow. After about 10 minutes of sanding, there is usually a drop in suction due to restricted air flow, which means leaving behind more material on the floor and in the air. Additionally, more dust on the floor means more work for your sander, meaning your abrasives wear away quicker.
Oneida Air Systems offers retrofit handles for many of the world's most popular floor sanders, including select models by Bona, Clarke, Galaxy, K&T, Lagler, Pallmann, and U-Sand. These heavy-duty steel handles install quickly and easily, converting your older system to accept the Vortex Retrofit Cyclone as well as standard 2" DCS vacuum hoses.
No. This system is designed for use collecting dry materials only.
Yes but you will need to install a Machine Adapter into the inlet first. These adapters are smaller on the raw end than traditional ducting so that they can slip into the ports on systems and tools i.e. a 5" Quick-Clamp Duct Machine Adapter will measure ~4.9" O.D. on the raw end.
In general, the 220V model will have lower running amperage than the 110V, which can be an advantage for operators using multiple tools on the same breaker. There is no difference in airflow performance between different voltage variations of the system. You should purchase the unit that best matches the power requirements of your shop.
Oneida Air Systems' dust collectors are designed and tested for wood and wood dust. They can and have been be used effectively for various other dusts and chips such as drywall dust, paper dust, agricultural dust, metal chips and other forms of debris. The customer is however, cautioned that some common materials when cut, ground or processed by machinery may become very dangerous: highly toxic, flammable, or deflagrable and explosive and they should therefore ensure that you use your particular use of a dust collection system in accordance to national, state, local, NFPA, OSHA and all other applicable codes.
Because the Dust Sentry works via an adjustable infrared sensor, this can sometimes trigger false positives with an empty container because of the reflective surface at the bottom of the steel drum.
This can be resolved by painting/coloring the inside bottom of the drum so that it is no longer reflective enough to affect the sensor.