How do you fasten the conductive metal tape to the plastic cyclone?
You'll want to apply the tape so that all three openings on the cyclone are connected by a continuous, conductive path. When doing so, make sure that the tape is wrapped over the edge of the cyclone's ports and that it overlaps the bolt hole on the cyclone's bottom flange.
- Apply tape over the edge the cyclone's outlet by 1/4".
- Run tape down the outlet, across the top of the cyclone, and down the side of the cyclone.
- Make sure that the tape overlaps a bolt hole on the cyclone's bottom flange.
- Apply tape over the edge of the cyclone's flange by 1/4".
- Cut the remaining tape off.
- Apply second portion of tape over the edge of the cyclone's inlet by 1/4"
- Connect the second portion of tape to the first, making sure that they overlap with eachother.
- Smooth down any wrinkles in the tape so that it all lies flat against the surface of the cyclone.
- When mounting the cyclone to your dust bin's lid, the washers should rest directly on the conductive tape where it was run over the bolt in step 3.